Monday 6 July 2009

National Three Peaks Challange Update

I had a great weekend walking the National Three Peaks Challenge. I’m still a bit sore and tired, but it was well worth it. There will be more to follow this week, but for now, if you could make any contribution, we’d be delighted as we want to be able to donate a really decent sum to the Kay Mason Foundation (http://www.kaymasonfoundation.org).

When we got down Ben Nevis yesterday we were all elated, so we had a meal and a couple of drinks, during which Mark announced he’d had an email he wanted to read out – here it is!

“Canon Chivers has told me about your amazing fundraising efforts to help Luvo, one of the many millions of young South Africans whose potential can be unlocked by generous hearts like yours.

I congratulate you on completing the three peaks challenge.

I hesitate to quote my friend, our beloved former President, Nelson Mandela, “never think about how many steps you’ve climbed, until you reach the mountain-top!” – but I hope the view is really worthwhile.

What you’ve done for the Kay Mason Foundation will make such a difference

Thank you.

Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu”

No comments:

Post a Comment